Friday, January 17, 2014

Take Grammar to Heart

I have to admit that I'm a little bit addicted to Dollar Tree. You can always find the best seasonal stuff at Dollar Tree. I spotted several Valentine-related items that were just too good to pass up. I bought two bags of plastic hearts for reinforcers (packs of 50 in either pink or red) and these heart message boxes. The minute I saw these little guys, I knew exactly what I wanted to do for my older students....GRAMMAR REVIEW! Bwahahahaha.......Actually, they seem to really enjoy working on the parts of speech and how it relates to conversation breakdowns. 


I created a simple file of cards to insert into the boxes. I tried my best to keep the words related to Valentine's Day. It is organized by the part of speech you use, but you can mix them altogether depending on the focus. I plan to have my students create sentences using the words that they get in order to take the review a step further.
You can grab a copy of Conversation Hearts here

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie! I'm a fellow NC teacher/blogger! :)
    Dirt Road Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome and I'm always happy to hear from fellow North Carolinians. :)

      Delete