In the meantime, I decided to go ahead and start thinking about how I want to get the new school year started. Bucket Filling is always a key part to my initial lessons as it helps to explain why we have rules in speech (although not too many). I also like to do a "get to know you" activity too. I hang these up in my room for the first few weeks of school. I'm really excited about the ones I found this year. It'll be a nice change from the superhero sheet that I've used for the past four years.
Here is a list of some freebies that I've found and will be incorporating into my plans:
"All About Me"
- All About Me Booklet.
- All About Me Page or a slightly more grown-up version here for middle school
- Student Goal Page
- What I Didn't Do on My Vacation (very cute)
- Back to School Backback craft. I love this cute craft for students. It's something that they will want to show off to their parents and teachers.
- Back to School Grammar Baseline
- Self-checking pronoun cards. I really like the photos in this one.
- Back to School Verbs
- Flip It! Back to School Themed Following Directions Activity.
- BTS Cariboo