Monday, July 15, 2013

Crazy bones

I'm always amazed at how much I can learn about kids toys & games through thrift shopping. I found this little tin over the weekend. I had never heard of crazy bones but thought I would take a chance on the odd little figures. 
 The rules are fairly simple. You get points based on the way that the figures land.
How to Play
In my mind, I see these little guys as a great way to increase interest in drilling tasks. I plan on using the same scoring system to determine how many times my students have to attempt a target. They will totally think that they are getting out of doing all that work when really I'll just be adding in extra cards to the drill (hehe..I love being sneaky) for the ones that they get to skip.


4 comments:

  1. THis is just like the game Pass the Pigs. MY kiddos LOVE it! Easy for groups!

    http://www.amazon.com/Pass-Pigs-Game-Free-Dice/dp/B002W7FG30/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1373944482&sr=8-4&keywords=pig+game

    Thanks for sharing!
    Jenna
    Speech Room News

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Pass the Pigs before but that looks like something my students would love too. Thank you for the link!

      Delete
  2. I remember Crazy Bones. They were something the kids collected in the 90's. I had a bag of the that we used in therapy. I'm guessing I gave them away since I haven't seen them in my therapy room. I never had the game you found. How fun! I love finding those fun inexpensive treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have missed out during the 90s. I don't remember any of my classmates playing with Crazy Bones. Hacky sacks were our big thing. My thrift store games never fail me. :)

      Delete