Friday, May 24, 2013

TGIF...because I need to get started on this whole RtI planning thing

Response to Intervention (RtI) is a gigantic puzzle that I am trying to slowly work through as part of an SLP "task force". My hope is to find solutions for the following:

1. Teachers don't know how to write Personalized Education Programs (PEPs) for articulation, fluency, voice, etc...
2. Time length for the different levels of intervention. 
3. Data tracking. 
 The district bought the 5 Minute Kids Articulation program at the beginning of this school year. I've tried to look through it several times without much success due to writing IEPs & Medicaid billing. The end of the year has finally opened up a little time to get started with all of the celebrations going on.

I copied all of the baseline forms and envelope games today. The baseline forms are now in little packs as you see in the above picture.
I also spent about an hour making up sheets for the earlier developing sounds baselines that aren't addressed in the program. My goal is to create coordinating picture sheets at some point next week.

The highlight of my day was discovering new work room freebies. I gained some new workbooks for writing sentences, a word ladders notebook, and these adorable number strips. I plan on letting my students use these to track their speech production with me. 
You could easily making something similar using die cuts and construction paper provided by your school. 




No comments:

Post a Comment