Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Planning for the return of the pirate theme

I seem to be an SLP on a mission....the mission to find sea themed decor for next year. I really enjoyed decorating my room in one theme for the year. It makes my life easier when I don't have to spend extra energy in making my room look cute for each season. This year was detectives so next year will either be under the sea or robots. I haven't made up my mind yet. However, Dollar Tree has helped me out quite a bit with both ideas.

The best part is that one decor item has sparked an idea in my mind already.

I picked up one of these nets with the intention of letting my students stick notes in it that will create sentences. 

The superstar sentences will be held by alligator clips which I also purchased at Dollar Tree. (They make me think of Peter Pan for some reason.) I can change the sentences on a regular basis to make a little friendly competition and recognition for each student.

The clips are also something that I can see using for positional activities. They are a great combination of small size and vibrant colors that my visual learners love.


No comments:

Post a Comment