Monday, May 13, 2013

Friends are the best medicine

As the end of the school year quickly approaches (June 11th!), I find myself slowly trying to give my brain a slight break from all things SLP. It's harder to untangle myself from work than I ever could have imagined in graduate school. The thing about life is that it's not healthy to be focused in on one thing all the time. It's the easiest way to burn yourself out. My students are an excellent reminder of this fact. They are so unbelievably stressed out about EOGs in the upper grades and the little ones are just antsy. I swear that they can pick up on the stress of the older ones. It's really exhausting. 

I took a much needed break from working on any new materials this weekend to spend some quality time with one of my dearest friends. We have an annual tradition of going up to see our alma mater and attending a Celtic Festival. I love all things related to the United Kingdom even though I have very little knowledge of my family's heritage. The bagpipe parade is one of the highlights for me.

I'm also taking a break from materials to research digital cameras. Technology really isn't my strongest interest. It's taking me forever to figure out what types of cameras are good and which ones to stay away from. I'm leaning towards a Cannon, but recommendations are awesome. 

This is the one I'm leaning towards but I still feel confused.....
It really is driving me crazy that I can't share my craft ideas with you. It's just that some of them are pretty hard to explain without actual pictures. Ugh. 

I'm disappointed that Smash got the ax for next season. It was one of my favorite shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment