Thursday, January 1, 2015

Scrambled Sentence Fun

Right now, most of my time in the evenings has been consumed with figuring out teacher friendly materials for students in the Response to Intervention Process. It is the challenge that always keeps on giving! I've learned to be mindful of the fact that each teacher has their style that must be considered in addition to the student's specific needs. It just takes time and practice to uncover what works. However, all of them want you to pick out activities that will only take a few minutes each day.

I managed to get two parts of my latest "monster" project for grammar concerns completed over the holiday break.


As you can tell, this is one giant packet of scrambled sentence cards with a seasonal theme. I've tried to highlight most major holidays and include several sentences for each month. My idea is that the student is given just a few (3-4) sentences each day that they practice.


It always amazes me to see how much or little my students pay attention to things like punctuation and capitalization.


Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. You are amazing. I love these "monster" packets and am awed by your creativity and generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I have been looking for this exact activity! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my students complete a similar activity before Winter Break and they loved the challenge and it was great learning for them! Thanks for sharing this! I often leave words out of the mix and have them figure it out as they unscramble-what could complete the sentence. Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Sonia! I hope you do too!

      Delete
  4. These are great and very usable. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas and materials at no cost. "No cost" does not equal "no value," "not worthy," etc. I've paid for many materials that can't hold a candle to yours! I like your materials for their simplicity and their direct usefulness toward a goal, not extra fluff to take up time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Carol. It means the world to me!

      Delete