Saturday, January 19, 2013

If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it....

If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. The more things you do, the more you can do.-- Lucille Ball

The past two teacher workdays have been rather exhausting. The data system we use for IEP paperwork, CECAS, went down yesterday afternoon for maintenance. It was a bit unfortunate to say the least. I spent the majority of Thursday trying to get as much information entered into upcoming IEPs/re-evaluations done as possible and then billed Medicaid. All in all, it was a rather monotonous kind of day  mirrored by a bit of nasty weather. I decided to avoid my home computer after working all day on my work one. Yesterday, I devoted most of the 6 hour day (2 hour delay thanks to about 1.5 inches of snow) to  crafting projects. They still aren't completed yet, but I'm hoping that I will get to share them in the near future. 

In the meantime, I have made another round of articulation hedbandz in my mini "celebration" of the Medicaid billing website being down for maintenance too! (Which was totally unexpected surprise this afternoon when I went to work on it.) 


Here is the link for a copy.

In other good news, I found a really neat little game at Goodwill yesterday. It's called Monster Mash and is from the late 80s/early 90s.

It's basically a matching game using the "thwackers" to find the right monster. I am going to use Post-Its to add tasks to the cards (articulation words and 2-step directions) on the back. The concept is very similar to that of the ever popular "SLAP" game from pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment