Monday, June 25, 2012

She's the eraser queen

This is going to be a short post. I'm rather worn out and not feeling too great. 

I've mentioned in a previous post that I am trying to gather up enough toys to make a phonics box. The key ingredient has come in a rather unexpected but welcome form.........erasers. 

I got food erasers from Dollar General. 4 for $1
I got these truck erasers from Walmart. 4 for $1
As well as zoo animal erasers like these from Walmart. 4 for .50 cents (Love clearance sales!)



Things I love about these erasers:
1. They are realistic
2. They are small and will easily fit into the tiny drawers of the metal shelving unit I bought at Goodwill (for $5--re-purposing an old toolkit.)
3. They come in a package so I get more than one item (vs. buying nick-nacks at yard sales & thrift stores as I can find them).

Cons:
The erasers are designed to come apart. This helps keep the kids from breaking them, but it also means that the pieces will be easy to loose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment