Monday, February 10, 2014

Categories are in the bag!

CAUTION: You are entering the world of magazine clippings & crafting. It's one time consuming process. Proceed at your own risk. (P.S. This is a picture heavy post.)


First, you will needs lots of small magazine clippings (or die-cuts). Pick out the ones that fall into categories.


Back the clippings on construction paper to eliminate the see-through text from the back. I used gray (the red is for another project.)


Cut all of the pictures out once you have the construction paper filled.


Trim the excess paper to size or leave a border. Then sort into the groups.


Place 3-5 images per sandwich bag.

(Die cuts don't require the construction paper)

Organize into a container. I based mine of basic vocabulary, seasonal, and more complex concepts.

2 comments:

  1. Hahah! I'm an SLP student and just kinda learning the ropes. This is totally me. I am a magazine clipping hoarder. I don't want to throw them away until I've gotten every last bit of information/inspiration out of them. And most of my subscriptions I get for free with My Coke Rewards! LOL I have a feeling I will be coming back to your blog a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paige! I wish you all the best in learning the ropes and it sounds like you are definitely off to a good start. I think all SLPs hoard one thing or another for projects. :)

      Delete