Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Late Night Musings

I think life offers you little messages just when you need them. My message came in the form of this youtube clip when I was hunting clips for child leaders. Amazing. Simply amazing. I totally needed to hear this little guy as I struggle to prepare for my presentation at the mini-conference. Frankly, I am not sure why I volunteer to present at conferences when I know that public speaking scares the daylights out of me. (I presented my senior history thesis in college.) 


The rest of my thoughts are centered around a few topics at the moment.

1) Completing two DIY projects. They are taking way too long to make, but several of my students have approved of what's been seen so far.
2) Sorting out two new students.
3) Re-evaluations and Annual IEPs on several students.
4) Avoiding the sensation of feeling buried alive under paperwork.
5) Teaching inflections as a conversational skill.
6) /l/ and /r/ woes (it never goes away)
7) Getting students to use more details....(the current bane of my existence)


I made a quick little project to help with some of the sequencing/adding details issues that I've run into recently. The majority of the pages are graphic organizers, but I wrote up a few pages to introduce the topic. I realize that I could have used forms that were already online for free, but I really like to have my forms in one nice bundle with a corresponding introduction. So here's proof that I like to do things the hard way. I sincerely hope that it will be useful. You can grab a copy of This is My Story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment