Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I'm not good at waiting....

The wait until December 10th is about to drive me up the wall. Patience is not a virtue that I possess in great quantities. I use most of what I do have at work and then am left to worry myself sick at home. I've enjoyed spending lots of quality time with Serena this week and her new liver medicine seems to be going fine. Thank you for all of the prayers and positive thoughts. Please keep sending them her way as my parents prepare to take her to NC State next week. 

In the meantime, I've been feeling a touch of the holiday homework blues. It's really the one type of activity that I loathe fixing. Why? It takes me hours to find things that are both appropriate to my students' successes and parent friendly. It doesn't go much better when I try my hand at making a file. It always ends up in a very bad case writer's block that never seems to stop. There's no way that I can be the only one out there with this struggle. So I'm going to do my best to throw out a holiday lifeline. 


I created a packet after struggling to find what I wanted for free online. I'm sure there are some great paid products out there, but I just cannot justify spending money on something that I will a) have to get translated for half of my caseload and b) not get back. The packet includes three different calendars: one for basic language targets (k-1), one for slightly higher level targets (describing & answering wh questions), and one for articulation practice. Our wonderful EC assistant made sure my Spanish translations were on track (surprisingly the translator I used was mostly correct). 


You can grab your copy of my December homework packet here. If you want some other materials to create a larger pack, I have found a few suggestions for you......

The best of Teachers Pay Teachers:
The best of Google search:

No comments:

Post a Comment