Thursday, December 13, 2012

Quick Craft #1

I am trying to tackle a few of my pinterest inspired crafts. This one came from all of those eye sticks that teachers are posting for reading. 

The alphabet stick project is useful in a couple of ways:
    1) Sound-letter correspondence
    2) Simple CVC words (though I don't have any duplicate letters)
    3) Most importantly naming tasks. Tell me all of the things you can think of that start with A, B, C, etc....
    4) Sorting tasks with articulation sounds for sound discrimination.  


All of my materials came from the dollar store with a total cost of $2. I just had to peel and stick the letters to the foam sticks. It took a grand total of 5 minutes to accomplish this project.


P.S. I just watched the documentary below and found it to be fascinating. It's all about perspective no matter what the delay/disorder happens to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment