Monday, July 16, 2012

Busy Bees


I went to the Dollar Tree this weekend to see if I could get a hold of a couple those echo microphones that I used to play with as a kid. They seem like a great idea to get reluctant kids to work on their articulation drills. While I didn't have any luck in my hunt, I did find something that I plan on using for articulation therapy.


It's actually made for classroom door decor as part of their "teaching tree" line. It's a bee hive with a bunch of little bees for student names. Well, I thought it would be perfect as a game for those pesky /z/ sounds. I plan on laminating all of the pieces and attaching velcro to the bee cards. This way I can use the cards for whatever position I happen to need. The kids get to put their picture on a bee once they correctly produce the sound (or say it 5 times, in a sentence, etc). Students who don't have /z/ as a goal can use it for language goals (use the picture to make a sentence, etc). The student who earns the most bees wins the game.

If you are lucky enough to land one of these little beauties, here are the clip art pictures I plan to use:

Initial from another blog I found (as I don't have Board-maker and clip art failed me)
Medial & Final



No comments:

Post a Comment