Thursday, June 7, 2012

There's a Moose in the House!! Oh no!

Today, wasn't a great day in the world of thrift store shopping. Sure, I found two brand new ties for my father. (He's constantly ruining ties by spilling food or ink on them.) I didn't have much luck in the way of therapy materials though. It happens...a lot. There can be weeks where there seems to be nothing in sight. It's very frustrating for me as I know my kids enjoy new toys. (However, they always return to old favorites.)

I did manage to find one game today: There's a Moose in the House for .99. I won't get to use this game until next year, but I like that the kids can learn around the house vocabulary with this activity. It also looks like it will encourage cooperation and being a good winner/loser. (Maybe we can try using prepositions with this game too?)

In the meantime, here are some old favorites of my students:


Piranha Panic Game 



This game is great for cooperation, following directions (move up two in a straight line or move to the spot beside the green fish), and can be used as a reward for articulation drills. My kids constantly ask for this game and they LOVE pulling the lever. (great vocabulary word btw) I bought this game for $1 at a charity thrift store. 

Tomy Pop-Up Pirate Game




Always a favorite in my room. It's great for drills, a reward for language activities...etc. 

Green Eggs and Ham Speedy Diner Game


This one is great for following directions. The kids go wild trying to "quickly" feed the animals without realizing that they are learning at the same time.




No comments:

Post a Comment