Sunday, June 17, 2012

Follow the directions

Yesterday, I posted about finding association cards. I thought I would show you a computerized sample of the cards I made using stickers at the beginning of the year. (I don't have a digital camera or I would take pictures of the actual cards)



What I do with these cards are two fold:

1. Follow directions. 
Examples: Point to the first and last star. Point to all of the pink stars. Point to all of the stars except the pink one. Don't point to the circle unless I point to the pink star. 

2. Associations.
Point to the one that doesn't belong.
Point to the two that match. 

I also use these strips sometimes for positional words. I will give them a foam block and ask them to put the block on, under, and above a certain sticker. 

I used zoo, school, bugs, and shape stickers to make my cards. There are so many kinds of stickers out there that it can be hard to choose. I recommend picking familiar objects or things that they will see in the curriculum. 

I'm working on creating a document for the levels of cuing. I hope to post it sometime this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment