Monday, January 11, 2016

Seeing hearts?

As the weather turns colder (and snow finally decides to hit), I am looking towards the end of winter. I think this time of the year is hard in a way that can come as a surprise. IEPs are manageable and the assessment frenzy is still a little bit off in the distance. It's just the thinking process that starts now. The knowing that in a few months I will be sending students off to middle school or elementary school with goals that someone else has to use. Will they understand why I did things the way I did? Or will they think that my goals are terrible? I know that I was certainly guilty of not liking the way things were written by one of the SLPs who left my school last year. 

It brings me back to my social skills groups. Thinking about how other people perceive you is hard. Yet, we have to do it all the time. So why not get a head start on one of the trickiest holidays of all?

Take Heart! is a simple social skills activity to identify which action is an expected/unexpected behavior. When they pull out an unexpected behavior, students can use their predicting skills to come up with possible outcomes. They can also tell you a way to fix the unexpected behavior.


You can grab your free copy of Take Heart here!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for a fun way to work on a tough skill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your generosity! This is a skill that I am constantly working on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I hope your students will enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for another useful and relevant product!

    ReplyDelete