Sunday, January 3, 2016

It's a new year and that brings new adventures....

One thing that I have done differently this school year, is to work more on basic social skills in the cafeteria. I will be the first to admit that I was a little naive when I started out with my lunch bunch. I had never needed to do one at my previous school. However, going in there has really opened my eyes to how my students function outside of my speech room. Sometimes it is a really rewarding experience and other times I realize how little of a week's lesson actually paid off. 

For the first freebie of 2016, I thought I would share a little social story that I had to create recently to address some unpleasant habits that occur because of the reactions they get. 


The challenge in sharing this activity is the pictures. You will need to use your own images as I used a combination of magazine pictures and google images. However, you don't have to write the story! 

The story targets the following:
- Eating with a closed mouth
- Spitting out food
-Following the class routine 



Grab your copy of Don't Be a Yucky Eater here

1 comment:

  1. I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete