Monday, November 25, 2013

Busy as a bee....

I just realized that my 2 year blogging anniversary has come and gone without any celebration. Oops....In all honesty, I really don't feel like the whole blogging anniversary is that big of a deal. I'm proud of my personal accomplishments that are reflected in each post. The sense of personal accomplishment is all that I really need. It is truly amazing to think back to the days when no one read my blog and now see over 100 page views a day. I'm honored that so many SLPs are reading my blog and (hopefully) finding something useful on it.

Speaking of personal accomplishment, I am relieved (and happy) to say that I have accomplished three more goal banks. The reading, speaking & listening, and language goal banks now go up to the 8th grade. I hope these goal banks will help all of my middle-school based SLP friends out there. Even though I don't work with this age group currently, I did enjoy picking through the standards to see what my upper elementary students will be held to in a few years. 

As always, please keep in mind that the goals I provide are very generalized and need to be tailored to the needs of individual students. The standards build upon the skills gained from the previous year. You may have to go back several grades to identify the standards that relate to your students' needs and goals.  



Middle School (6-8) (language)

Middle School (6-8)  (speaking)

Middle School (6-8) (reading)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I enjoy reading your blog and really appreciate the effort that goes into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thank you! This really made my day. :)

      Delete
  2. Your goal banks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. You should know I reference your goal banks several times per week. They are incredibly helpful. I appreciate all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete