Thursday, October 11, 2012

buckaroo? why not?

It's not my week for interesting ideas. So here is a game that I have recently started using in therapy. I got it for $2.99.

The items which players must place on the mule's back without him kicking are 
  • a bedroll
  • a canteen 
  • a crate 
  • a frying pan
  • a cowboy hat
  • a guitar
  • a holster 
  • a lantern 
  • a rope
  • a saddle
  • a shovel
  • a stick of dynamite

Buckaroo is wonderful for cowboy themes if you use them. You can also use it for following simple directions or as a reinforcer for drill work. I mostly use it as a reinforcer so the students feel a small sense of accomplishment directly after working. However, you have to keep an eye on the students as the pieces shoot off pretty far. I warn them to watch out with this game (along with Pop up Pirate) as I don't want them to get bopped in the eye. 

Also, I am slowly developing into a crazy hat lady. The Salvation Army store in my town has a plethora of strange hats. I've managed to pick up the following: blue furry hat (for Hairy Hat Man); hot dog hat; pirate hat; fireman hat (Fireman Fred); chef hat; and detective hat. The Letterland kids went nuts for the fireman hat today. I love how Halloween is giving me great tools for year-round therapy projects. 

Love this picture. I'm guessing this is probably pretty similar to how the kids view me in my hats.
I don't want to know what they will think of 35....25 is apparently the new ancient.  


No comments:

Post a Comment