Monday, January 19, 2015

Getting ready for Valentine's Day

My students really loved the Ho, Ho, Ho and a Lump of Coal game that I found on Pinterest. My smooth skating game for winter words has also gone over better than I expected. (Frankly, I am still surprised by how much they love this simple card game.) So, I am back with another version of this vocabulary card game for Valentine's Day.  


Hearts! is played in the same way as the other two games. Students have to describe the vocabulary word written on the heart in order to keep the card. You might also want them to make a sentence using the word for additional practice. If they get a Cupid card, they must return all of their cards to the pile. The fairy card means that they get an extra turn.


You can grab your copy of the Hearts! game here.

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely use this game! Thank you!
    http://oldschoolspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete