Thursday, September 5, 2013

September Link-Up

Once again, I am linking up with All Y'all Need's monthly SLP link up. 


Schooling: We have 15 new staff members at my school. This is a nightmare for me. I am horrible at learning new names even though I'm pretty good at remembering faces.

Excited: I'm really excited for fall. We have a big fall festival in my town and there are several smaller craft shows that I am hoping to go to with my mother. There are also several spooky events coming up in October that I'm hoping to try out this year. I'm sort of a chicken when it comes to haunted houses so we'll see if those stay in the plans or not.

Prepping: I am a pretty old school kind of person so the next one is preparing for the long-term future. My hope chest. I've recently tasked myself with the challenge of finding several duplicates or near matches to things I didn't inherit from my deceased grandparents. The majority of it is depression glass. There's no real rhyme or reason as to why I set myself on this new mission. I just felt like starting this new mission since my grandma's no longer there to keep adding more of her beautiful handmade quilts. I didn't realize how many types and colors of depression glass there are out there. It's been an interesting education these past few weeks.

Trying: I am guilty of trying to be superwoman. I am trying to remind myself to take a step back and avoid getting too caught up in work. I did that my first year and made myself sick. I don't want to get to that point again. I feel like this year, the perfectionist in me is coming out more than it did last year. So this is me saying that I don't have to be superwoman everyday or even every week. I will pick one day a month to be superwoman. The rest of the time, I am just going to be me and put my health first.

2 comments:

  1. Big staff changes are always challenging, but I bet you'll get it down. Loving your idea of being superwoman one day a month! And yes, your health comes first or you can't do anything else. Thanks for linking up!

    All Y'all Need 

    ReplyDelete