Thursday, July 11, 2013

I get by with a little help from my friends.....slp networking

I'm on pins and needles waiting to get the phone call saying my new glasses are finally in. It feels like I ordered them ages ago even though it's really only been a week. This is definitely one of those times when I realize that I devote 95% of my patience into work. My concentration for crafting and creating has disappeared in the excitement of getting something new for myself. 

The good thing is that I have a new place to burn off some of my excessive energy. One of my fellow bloggers, Jess at Figuratively Speeching SLP, started a new facebook group for school-based SLPs. (You can find the link on my facebook page.) I am beyond thrilled at the opportunity to interact with so many SLPs from across the United States. This little melting-pot of all things school-related even includes SLPs from other countries as well. 

Why devote a post to the facebook group? I feel like blogging about my ideas and experiences is almost like a journal. I am putting a tiny piece of my life on display in the hopes that it will connect with someone else. There's no reason for us to have to continually "re-invent the wheel" so to speak with good therapy activities. I may have an idea on here that helps someone else and makes life just a little bit easier. That's also why I read so many other SLP blogs. We all think differently and have our strong suites. I'm usually the person sitting in front of her computer going, "That's so simple. Why didn't I think of doing that?" The facebook group offers a chance to take this to another level by adding many more perspectives to the mix. It also speeds up the process too. 

                          I'm reliving my years as a 4-5 year old with the New Kids on The Block.

No comments:

Post a Comment