Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It's not far to Never Never Land No reason to pretend And if the wind is right you can find the joy Of innocence again....

I'm sad to say that I've broken my one can of soda rule the past two weeks. There's really no rhyme or reason to why all of this End of Grade testing has been such a source of exhaustion. You would think it would be more tiring to serve 20-some energetic children 5 days a week....Oh well, that's my embarrassing frustration for the week. I fell off the diet wagon for about 2 months and I've worked hard this past month to get a grip on the situation. 

When I haven't been cooped up thanks to overly long tests, I've been trying to work on some RtI planning for next year. I still think that the 5 Minute Articulation is one of my top solutions. I love the quick assessments even though it is taking forever to make sheets for the earlier developing sounds that the program lacks. 

I should be an expert at making graphs in Microsoft Word now. The ones for /p/ and /b/ are complete. I still have two more to go. At this point, I really don't even what to begin thinking about that project. My desperation for a distraction led me to an awesome website that covers the major areas one might run into for RtI.

Now, to get all of that lovely RtI stuff off my brain here's nice throw-back to my middle school days...


2 comments:

  1. Your struggle to ditch the soda will come someday... I quit shortly after undergrad, and now only have pop maybe 2 times a year. I hope you are able to get some relaxation in soon!
    That song at the end was a throwback to my childhood too... but the original song from the 80's is stuck in my head now!

    Karen
    AFVSLP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. I'm usually more of a sweet tea drinker but soda is my last resort for energy. It won't be as big of a problem once the summer hits. :)

      Delete