I'm not quite sure how it happened....but this week will be my first full back at work. I would like to say that I'm bursting full of creative ideas for my room, but my brain has been pretty much focused on watching the summer Olympics and Chopped re-runs. Hehe.....I'm glad that I have this week to figure out my door decoration.
It's empty, but it's my old "home" so to speak. I will be doing a large part of my day through inclusion so I'm not bringing as much stuff as I used to have in there. It will be much less distracting for assessments with just bookcases of notebooks and my TPT cards/card decks hidden away in the purple bins. My manipulative boxes and few games will be hidden away in the closet when not in use.
I've been racking my brain for a little while on how to better serve my students in the inclusion setting. I'm really excited to try the Story Grammar Marker & Braidy that I bought back in April. I think that will help with many of my language groups. I will also be using the EET as always. However, I also have to figure out articulation beyond using Teddy Talker for my k-1 crowd. I prefer to do pull-out for students in the beginning process of therapy, but I want something that the teacher can see/reinforce after the sessions. I like the thought of interactive notebooks because it essentially makes a product of the student's growth. Plus, it's something that they can take pride in showing off.
This Speech Sound Book is for /r/. I included a table of contents to make everything relatively easy to find.
There's a word list because it always helps to have an idea of things to practice beyond the task cards I've made.
There are practice cards and several different activity pages for the sound in all positions.
My favorite part is letting the students track their own growth with this chart. You can print as many as you need and add them to the end of the notebook after each chart is complete.
So if you want to test it out along with me, you can grab a copy of My /R/ Speech Sound Book here. (Please note that this is very much a trial and error project. I don't know that I will make anymore of these unless it goes well for my students.)