Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Crazy for cupcakes

For those of you who may not have noticed, I don't really talk much about my facebook page even though one does exist. It's just not high on my priority list unlike most bloggers. I prefer to focus my attention on the blog and my pinterest page. Recently, I reached the 600 follower mark on pinterest and decided that a celebration was in order. What's more perfect than cupcakes that will just so happen to go along with the wonderful "If you give a cat a cupcake" book?



Cupcakes!
Includes:
star cupcakes for categories
white cupcakes for multiple meaning words
cherry cupcakes for wh- questions
red cupcakes for /k/ articulation tasks using pictures.

These cards look perfect in my latest Goodwill find....

 It's a cake from Edible Arrangements. I'm not sure what treats were originally stored in the container, but I could not resist the 1.99 price tag. What kid doesn't love cake? (Perfect to hold manipulative objects for all of my friends learning to produce the /k/ sound or categorization.)

I have quite a few students who love animals of all kinds. It is so funny to see their little faces light up when I pull out animal books, puppets, & figurines. Motivation= success.
  
You can buy a copy of the book at Amazon or look for it at a thrift store like me.

P.S. I just have to share this hilarious site.

2 comments:

  1. I love "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake!" Great book! But I have to say the pictures of the cake container have officially made me want cake. :)

    Rebecca
    Talking With Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I try to hide it behind things in my room when I don't use it. :P

      Delete