Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas break is flying by too fast.

I am looking forward to seeing all of my students soon. They will have lots to tell me about their breaks and I can't wait to hear all about their adventures with Santa Claus.

I am sad; however, that Christmas break has flown by so quickly. The optimistic side of me thought that I was going to accomplish rocket science over the week. I've only managed to tackle one of the IEPs I wanted to complete and billing. There are now two more reading goal banks up for Common Core (1st Grade and 2nd Grade). I did make two wonderful pronoun notebooks and start on another project for articulation (I will post about it once it's complete). I also made another pinterest inspired craft for teaching shapes.

My camera batteries died so I can't show you my version today. Check them out here.
I love this idea as it works well with my students in the Letterland inclusion group. Shapes are part of their curriculum vocabulary and we've tried a variety of things to help them. They have watched LeapFrog videos, read the Greedy Triangle, listened to shape songs on Youtube, and made hand-drawn Christmas trees (mostly tracing over shapes) as part of a following 2-step directions activity. I love that the sticks include the number of sides that each shape has as it is something we are emphasizing to the inclusion group.

All you need are some different colored craft sticks (mine came from Dollar Tree) and a sharpie. It took a grand total of 5 minutes to make all of the shapes.

Break was also a great way to catch up on watching Nashville and Grey's Anatomy.

                                                                    Love this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment